Persuading | English Conversation Dialogues

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Learning English Conversations and please practice the dialogues by using useful phrases below:

Are you sure that you won’t reconsider...?
Are you sure you can’t/ won’t...
Are you sure you have taken everything into account?
But the most sensible thing to do would be to
Have you considered everything?
I think you’d do well to...
Just for this time, please.
Please let me...
Why don’t you...?
Won’t you let me...

Examples of English Conversations:

Between Friends

Mark: Anthony. What are you doing this evening? How about a movie?
Anthony: Which one?
Mark: There’s a good Indonesian movie at 21st theatre.
Anthony: you know I don’t like Indonesian movies.
Mark: Oh, Come on. I’ll sure you’ll enjoy this one.
Anthony: I don’t enjoy Indonesian movies. I can’t follow the conversation fully.
Mark: So what? We’re not Indonesian. Most of us are not able to follow the
          conversation fully. But there are so many other things you can enjoy.
Anthony: That’s true.
Mark: Then why don’t you come?
Anthony: All right. I’ll be at the theatre at 7. Is that OK?
Mark: Fine. See you at 7.
Anthony: See you.

At a College

Mrs. Lala: Good morning Madam. May I come in?
Mrs. Jenny: Good morning, Mrs. Lala. Do come in and take your seat.
Mrs. Lala: Thank you, Madam. I’m thinking of leaving the college.
Mrs. Jenny: But why? Aren’t you happy here?
Mrs. Lala: Of course, I am. It’s really a pleasure working here.
Mrs. Jenny: Then what’s the matter now?
Mrs. Lala: I’ve been selected as an officer in the Reserve Bank.
Mrs. Jenny: And you want to accept that?
Mrs. Lala: I am thinking of accepting it. As you know, a bank officer gets much more
                 than a lecturer.
Mrs. Jenny: I know that. In terms of salary, it is an attractive job for you. Do you think
                   you’ll be happy working in a bank? You’re M.A in English Literature, you’ve 
                   a flair for writing and the students like your classes.
Mrs. Lala: Well, what you say is true. But…
Mrs. Jenny: I don’t want to stand in your way. But do you think you have considered
                   everything? I think you’ll do well to reconsider your decision. On your part,
                   we are very happy with your work. We’ll be sorry if you decide to leave.
Mrs. Lala: All right, Madam. I’ll think about it once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DMCA.com