Complimenting/ Congratulating | English Conversation Dialogues

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Learning English Conversations and please practice the dialogues by using useful phrases below:

Allow me to offer my (warmest/ heartiest) congratulations.
Congratulations!
How nice/ smart/ wonderful/ beautiful…!
I’d like to congratulate you on…
It was nice/ great to hear that…
May I say how elegant/ enchanting you look?
That is/ was a nice/ smart…
Well done! How nice! / Fantastic! / Terrific!
What a nice/ smart/ wonderful/ beautiful…!
You look really smart/ gorgeous/ great/ wonderful.

Examples of English Conversations:

Between Friends

Marta: Hi Maria, What a nice dress! You look wonderful in that.
Maria: Thanks, Marta. I like this, too. My aunt brought this from Paris.
Marta: Is that so? I must say your aunt knows what suits you best.
Maria: Of course. She is a fashion designer.
Marta: No wonder then. That suits you so well. Do you know how much the dress costs?
Maria: I’m sorry I don’t know. I didn’t ask her about it.

At the Office

Anna: May I come in, Sir?
Bob: Please come in, Ms. Anna.
Anna: The project proposal has already been done, Sir.
Bob: Really? Great! That was real fast work, Ms. Anna.
Anna: Thank you, Sir.

At Home

Father: How was your day at school, Costa?
Costa: It was a wonderful day, Daddy. It’s a day I’d like to remember.
Father: Oh, is it? What makes the day so important, my son?
Costa: I have been made the chairman of the Student’s Association.
Father: That’s great! Congratulations!
Costa: Thank you, Daddy.
Father: That’s really nice. You stood first in the examination and now you have won the
            chairmanship. I’m proud of you, my son.
Costa: Thank you, Daddy.

2 comments

 
DMCA.com