Asking About Direction | English Conversation Dialogues

Friday, May 24, 2013

Learning English Conversations and please practice the dialogues by using useful phrases below:

There are several questions which may be asked if someone ask about direction, questions that you may hear are:

Are you from around here?
Can you tell me where the … is?
How do I get to …?
I’m looking for …
Where is the closest …?
Etc.

And if you know the way or the answer of those questions, you may use several phrases below:

At the next traffic lights turn …
Do you want me to draw you a map?
Follow me. I’ll show you the way.
Get in the left lane.
Go one more block. Then turn right.
If you pass the … you went too far.
It’s a bit of a way. (it takes a while)
It’s a very busy road.
It’s about a five minute walk.
It’s about twenty minutes by taking a bus.
It’s across from the blue mosque.
It’s going to be on your right.
It’s just around the corner (not far).
It’s not far.
Stay in the right lane.
Stay on Route 1 for about ten minutes.
The best way is to turn right on Main Street.
The easiest way is to go right on Commercial Avenue.
The quickest way is to take Road Number 1.
There might be construction.
There’s no parking.
Turn right at the next street.
You will pass a gas station.
You will see a large clock on the right.

And if you don’t know the way or the answer, you may use several phrases below:

I’m sorry, please ask the front desk clerk.
I’m afraid I can’t help you.
I’m sorry, I’m not from here.
Sorry I don’t know my way around here.
You could ask the bus driver.

Examples of English Conversations:

Talking with Stranger

Conversation 1

A: Excuse me. Is there a grocery store around here?
B: Yeah. There’s one right across the street.

Conversation 2

A: Can you tell me how to get to Phoenix?
B: Sorry. I don’t live around here.

Conversation 3

A: Excuse me, where’s Taner’s Leather Shop?
B: It’s on the corner of Holly and Vine. It’s next to the library.
A: Fine, thank you for the information.

Conversation 4

A: Excuse me, how do I get to the bank?
B: Go straight down this street for two blocks. And then, turn left when you get to
     Maple Street. Stay on Maple for half a block. It’s on the left hand side.
A: OK, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DMCA.com