Asking For Someone’s Opinion | English Conversation Dialogues

Monday, May 27, 2013

Learning English Conversations and please practice the dialogues by using useful phrases below:

Asking For Someone’s Opinion
Giving Your Opinion
Do you agree ...?
As far as I’m concerned ...
Do you have anything to say about this ...?
As i see it ...
How do you feel about that ...?
I feel that ...
What are your thoughts on all of this ...?
I have no doubt that ...
What do you think?
I strongly believe that ...
What’s your idea?
I tend to think that ...
Etc.
I think ...
I’m absolutely convinced that ...
I’m sure that ...
In my opinion ...
In my view ...
Etc.

Expressing an Opinion About Talking Action
Saying You Have No Opinion
Could we ...?
I don’t have any idea about ...
How about ...?
I don’t know what to say ...
I don’t think we should ...
I don’t know.
We could ...
I really don’t have any opinion about ...
Maybe we could ...
I have no strong feelings about ...
Why don’t we ...
I have nothing to say in particular.
Etc.
Etc.

Examples of English Conversations:

At a Meeting

Mr. Robert: Sales have been off quite a bit this month. I think we need a big sale to get
                   things moving.
Mrs. Heina: I’m not sure that’s the best idea. In my opinion, people will get used to the
                   lower prices and not want to buy when the sale is over.
Mr. Robert: Maybe we could offer a short-term rebate?
Mrs. Heina: I might go along with that.

Between Friends

Mark: What do you think of having hiking expedition next Sunday?
Costa: I think it’s an excellent idea.
Mark: But don’t you think the season is not right for hiking? Can’t we wait till the
          monsoon is over? I believe it is rather risky going up hills during the season.
Costa: But then don’t you also agree that there is an element of risk in any adventure?
Mark: Of course. As far as I’m concerned, I’ll be glad to join. I was only expressing my view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DMCA.com