Making Suggestions | English Conversation Dialogues

Friday, May 24, 2013

Learning English Conversations and please practice the dialogues by using useful phrases below:

Have you considered/ thought of ...?
How about …?
I advise you to …
I recommend …
I suggest that you …
If I were you, I’d …
Let’s …
May I suggest …?
Shall we …?
What about …?
Why don’t we/ you …?
Why not …?
You ought to …
You should try to …
You shouldn’t …

Examples of English Conversations:

At the Office

Mr. Brandon: The International Conference begins in Jakarta next Monday. We have to
                      send someone as our representative.
Mrs. Nancy: Let’s ask Mr. Parker to attend it.
Mr. Brandon: Ah, no. Mr. Parker is away in Singapore and won’t be back before next
                     Thursday.
Mrs. Nancy: How about Mrs. Amelia?
Mr. Brandon: Well, she can be the right person, but you know it’s unreasonable to ask
                      her to go to Jakarta when her mother is in critical condition.
Mrs. Nancy: Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that.
Mr. Brandon: Why not Mr. Thomas?
Mrs. Nancy: Yes, he can, if he is willing to.
Mr. Brandon: What about George? He seems to be relatively free these days.
Mrs. Nancy: All right. Let’s ask both George and Thomas.

At Home

Amber: Bella wants to go to Bali during holidays. Why don’t we let her go?
Bondan: But how does she go? She can’t make it all alone, can she?
Amber: You know Mrs. Anita and family are going to Bali. How about sending Bella with
             them?
Bondan: She already has five children to manage. It’ll be unkind to ask her to take care
              of one more.
Amber: Could we let her go alone? After all it’s only an overnight journey.
Bondan: No, I can’t agree with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DMCA.com